After some thought and comparison, I find myself favoring Instagram over Facebook. I love the simplicity of Instagram and that it focuses on images. Facebook has more text which leads to more bragging, longer explanations of how great this or that cleanse is, and drawn out political debates. While that is my opinion for my personal page, I know it is imperative to engage in both when promoting a business. Instagram has a younger generation [side note: Does it blow anyone else’s mind how many ‘likes’ photos by 15-20-year-olds get?? I hope to prepare myself to tap in to that market when they get a little older].
A lot of my followers are on both Facebook and Instagram, but some are not, so it is important to reach as many potential clients as possible. Social media is the way of the world, and the more impressions you have out there the better.
[Follow @sweethomesiouxfalls on Instagram for posts about my real estate career and all things Sioux Falls.]
FACTS ABOUT INSTAGRAM
- Over half of all 18- to 29-year-olds in the U.S. are on Instagram.
- Adult users in the U.S. have doubled since 2012.
- 31 percent of female internet users are on Instagram, compared to 21 percent of male internet users.
- 56 percent of Instagram users make $50,000/year or more.
- Instagram has about 400 million active daily users and 700 million active monthly users.
- In 2017, top brands are posting 4.9 times per week on Instagram. This is a 50 percent increase from 2015.
- 48.8 percent of brands are on Instagram. This number is expected to rise to 70.7% by the end of 2017.
[Engaging with other businesses will give your page credibility and visibility.]
This post only scratched the surface about Instagram and has one simple take-away. IF YOU HAVE A BUSINESS AND WANT TO REACH THE UNDER THIRTY DEMOGRAPHIC, GET INSTAGRAM. I am not claiming to be an expert, but I believe I have a pretty good handle on social media and if you would like ideas for content, hashtags ect. I would LOVE to help. Let’s meet for coffee and talk about growing our businesses! Otherwise, stay tuned for a future post delving in to more specifics of Instagram!